"Education is not the answer to the question. Education is the means to the answer to all questions. (William Allin)"
The UKDW Library is one of the supporting units of the university to manage printed and digital collections, such as: books, journals, e-books, theses, dissertations, tabloids, magazine, papers, newspapers, CD/DVD, etc. The UKDW Library located in Biblos, 1st floor. To access it, please click http://library.ukdw.ac.id.
Vision - Mission
This unit aims at being one of the trustworthy and reliable information centers and research libraries for Christian higher education, other institutions, Church communities, and the neighboring societies by:
- Building and offering reliable, relational, and moral library services to meet the need for information.
- Committing to preparing and improving its function and role as the source of information.
- Attempting to optimize the satisfaction index of its users for information.
- Increasing the goodwill and the ability of its personnel as the agent of the information management.
- Managing the collections (books, magazines, papers, theses, dissertations, journals, tabloids, CDs, VCDs, DVDs, E-books) of many fields and especially of Theology;
- Handling the borrowing and the returning (circulation) of the collections of both internal and external users;
- Issuing routine information literacy;
- Providing reading rooms with free Wi-Fi access;
- Helping users access the digital journals (EBSCO, Proquest, Garuda DITI, and Gale);
- Helping users access web-based academic works of all study programs; and many more.
- Library Bag Service, users can use library special bag for carrying laptop, books, etc when they are in library area. It is used for user's safety and convenience.
During regular semesters:
Monday-Friday from 08.00 AM-05.00 PM
During short semesters:
Monday-Friday from 08.00 AM-03.00 PM
- Internal UKDW community
- UKDW alumni
- Another external users
- Daily-based visitors are charged IDR 8000
- Jogja Library for All (JLA) visitors are charged IDR 4000
- Monthly visitors are charged IDR 50,000
Information Literacy Service
This service is scheduled by the library staff in the beginning of a new semester. It is aimed at UKDW community of all study programs for a lot of topics such as the uses of the search engines, the periodical access, and the software that support the information assessment.
This service is seasonal based on particular needs of the study programs and units including the lecturers, employees and students.
- General literary collections
- Referential literary collections
- Digital collections (CDs & Database article Proquest)
- Collections of periodicals (journals, magazines, and newspapers)
- Collections of academic works (papers, theses, dissertations, academic articles, etc)
- Collections of Post-Graduate Program readings
Information System Services
- Duta ViPop (to manage the collections, Opac, and circulations)
- SLIM Web-based Literary Information System
- A Management Program for periodicals
- Opac online (http://www.ukdw.ac.id/catalog)
- Paper search system (http://sinta.ukdw.ac.id)
SinTA is a web-based information system used to search papers, theses, and dissertations of UKDW students. This system is based on the technological development and the growing needs of the users for finding all titles of papers, theses, and dissertations of UKDW students. SinTA is aimed at facilitating the students to submit their papers digitally and to find them easily by other students and lecturers. Users can subscribe fully to SinTA by enrolling themselves to SinTA Admin to get a user account.
- UDKW students may take a part-time work at this library either as printed books replacement staff or as staff at the circulating service.
- Candidates should go through a recruitment process, an interview, and training; they will work based on a three-month or a six-month contract.
- To be a printed-book replacement staff, a student should have completed a half of his study who has only less than 5 courses to take; in addition, only students who are working on their final papers are eligible to be circulation staff.
Users may access the journals only at the university.
- Gale—DIKTI http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb
- EBSCO—a joint cooperation between UKDW and DIKTI http://search.ebscohost.com/
- Garuda—DIKTI http://garuda.dikti.go.id
- GlobeEthics - http://www.globethics.net
- GlobeTheoLib - http://www.globethics.net/gtl
- The Yogya branch of FPPTI (the Forum of Indonesia Higher Education Libraries). The former library head of UKDW, Ms Umi Proboyekti, MLIS, is the chairperson of Yogya Branch FPPTI for the period of 2010-2014.
- JLA (Jogja Library for All)
Officials and Staffs
|Antonius Rachmat C, S.Kom, M.Cs|
|Kurnia Agus Purnomo|
|›||Stock & General collection|
|Agus Sonny Haryadi|
|Samuel Eryawan M.|
|Titi Sunarni, A.Md|
|›||Collection of Periodicals|
|Maria Dhian S, ST|
|›||Research and Development|
|›||Maid Servant and Storehouse|