"Education is the movement from darkness to light. (Allan Bloom)"
Center of Instructional and Multimedia Technology Development
Officially established by the Rector decree of Duta Wacana Christian University no: 002/B.07.c-Prs/UKDW/2001, this unit started its academic service on 1 April 2001.
As a technical assistant unit of the university, this unit is at the same level with faculties with which it serves under the vice rector of academic affairs.
- Supporting instructional planning and development, specifically making new program, new classroom material or improving existing program of material by means of technology.
- Providing technical support in planning and developing teaching material using instructional media and technology.
- Investigating and evaluating as well as applying new instructional technology.
- Planning and developing a technological teaching infrastructure.
- Electronic graphic and design services such as:
- Instructional and non instructional media development
- Creating electronic data presentation and OHP presentation sheets
- Graphic design and digital imaging
- Engineering: experiencing, introducing, and evaluating technical support for teaching and learning processes and adopting technology for these purposes:
- Consultation of audio video system engineering and installation
- Audio video and multimedia device maintenance
- Instructional Computing: assisting academic staff to identify and apply other instructional technologies and resources. These include:
- Web page instructional development
- Instructional computing lab
- Media: providing technological devices and supporting material for instructional purposes such as video and data projection, computer, notebook, audio visual devices, video collection and CD ROM.
- Video Production Service
Offered to the public, these services are:
- Video transfer and copy.
- Operating and installing multimedia devices.
- Digital imaging.
- Renting multimedia devices.
Main Job Description
- Providing services of instructional technology support in terms of planning and development, either for improving existing or creating new programs and classroom materials.
- Providing technical support in planning and developing teaching material that applies instructional media and technology.
- Testing, evaluating and introducing new instructional technologies.
- Providing support for instructional technology applications, including distance learning.